Today's feast of the Holy Trinity, is also the Feast of Saint Elizabeth of Portugal, and Father's Day.
The church was full to the rafters today with many of our Portuguese parishoners as they had a procession all around the church.
Yesterday I spent the day with Lucy, praying for our family, praying for you. It was lovely. Poor Lucy's memory extends over the last half hour before she starts again, but her long term memory is wonderful. She is living the sacrament of the present time.
Today at Mass, it was brought to mind the children who might have been with us, but aren't. I saw them hand in hand with Ellie, sharing the Mass with us. I pray that they could hear me, as I asked them to join in prayer for all the people in our family. I welcomed them with love. I look forward to seeing them in heaven one day.
At the Sanctus I ask all of our relatives in heaven and purgatory to pray for all of us on earth, for healing and reconciliation. Today I asked those children who, for one reason or another, did not share life with us, to pray for us as well.
Pray for us, Our Lady of Guadalupe, that we be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment