Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we will be made worthy of the Promises of Christ.

It's been an amazing couple of weeks. In my last entry, I wrote how Erica Gibello opened our eyes to the marching orders, and how it's not just me praying anymore. I'm united with my sister now.
Praise God. I know that our united prayers, together with all the ancestors in heaven and purgatory, who are also praying with us, will truly set a path of restoration and recovery for every member in our family... if they choose to accept it.

That's the frustrating thing sometimes. That "free will" thing that God has given us. When we open our will and align it with God's, we truly have peace, but it's hard to do that sometimes. Sin and past hurts and shame block our receptivity. So, it's up to intercessors, especially our relatives in heaven and in purgatory, to storm the gates of heaven and ask for help, but at the same time, trust that each and every one of the 49 members of the family will come to know the reality of God's love for us.

There are chinks in the wall, when I have a chance to see them. Little things, like an openness to prayer. Little things, like walking into my mom's apartment and she's watching a Christian television show. (that's not so little, really!) And seeing the crucifix outside of the shirt on some loved ones, bearing witness, perhaps without being aware of it. Another chink, is having one sister stare for over two minutes at the baptism picture of another sister. Lord, we are praying! Hear our prayer.

The ninth day of my novena to Our Lady Undoer of Knots I received three job offers on the same day. I have taken one of the offers and I am praying hard that I am a good and worthy employee and a witness to God in everything I do, even if I don't necessarily say "God this, and God that". I believe that this must be God's will, for one reason or another, especially because of the call which happened at such an opportune time.

I will be missing my morning Mass! I am looking for opportunities to spend time with the Lord nonetheless. Wednesday night, first Fridays, and weekends. Time in prayer, of course. Praying for you in the novenas and rosaries.

And every step towards the Eucharist. I hear the "call" in so many of the homilies, and so many different things that are said to me, that I know that these marching orders to pray for you are real and definitely God's will. Even though I don't talk to you, or see you on a regular basis, know that you are continually in my prayers, and I trust that God is working in your life, whether or not I know about it. I'm just an instrument of intercession. When He wants me to know something, he'll let me know!

Last Saturday was the Vigil of Pentecost. I was blessed to be there with my sister S. It was a very peaceful time of prayer and praise and worship. Two priests were there to pray over people and to me it was like heaven. I kept on seeing people that I knew from the past, or another conference, or retreat, RCIA etc. etc. It must be like that in heaven, bumping into people who love Jesus too.

God spoke clearly to me at one point. He told me that I was his "fool for Christ" And yes, truly I was and continue to be his fool. When I had my conversion, so many people had thought I had gone crazy. My parents, my friends, my husband, my family. I could not stop being a fool for Him, regardless of the concern or distain that people had for my new found love. It was... what it was.

Then God told me, (on Saturday) that S. was his "Joy of the Lord". And she is. Even in her pain, she has Joy. It's a wonderful gift.

Then Gold told me that my other sister would be "the strength of His arm." Wow. I wonder what that will be? I wonder what that means? Only time will tell.  I stood there in awe that those words were said to me.  And dear sister, know this. If you are reading this because I told you to read this — you are the Strength of His Arm. This was in the first week of June, 2014. WOW.













No comments:

Post a Comment